HERE IS WHAT GOES INTO THE CHICKPEA MATZAHBALL SOUP:
FOR THE MATZAHBALL:
1 1/2 cups of chickpea flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pink sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
3 large eggs
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE BROTH:
6 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
3 large organic carrots, peeled and chopped
3 organic celery stocks, chopped
1 sweet onion, loosely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp of coconut aminos
1 tsp each of tumeric, ground cumin & pink sea salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill for garnish (optional)
1) In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pink sea salt, and pepper and make sure you mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and olive oil.
2) Make a hole in the center of the dry mixture and add the wet ingredients. Mix together until you get a very thick and sticky batter. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 3 hours (this part is so important!!!!)
3) In a soup post, coat the bottom with olive oil and add in the garlic and onion. Saute until fragrant, then add in the carrots and celery. Season with pink sea salt, pepper, turmeric and cumin. Saute until veggies look tender but not overdone.
4) While veggies are cooking, fill another pot three-quarters full with water and half a cup of veggie broth. Bring it to a rolling boil.
5) While water is heating, remove the matzahball batter from the refrigerator; take about a small ice cream scooper or 2 teaspoons worth of batter and with wet hands (I coat my hands and scooper with a little olive oil), roll the dough between your palms to make balls.
6) Gently drop or use a slotted spoon to lower the matzahballs into the water; when the balls rise to the surface, turn the heat down to a simmer and cover the pot. Cook for 25 minutes or until the matzahballs are cooked through and the centers are light.
7) Transfer to the warmed broth, serve and…