Here is what goes into the Acaí Blueberry Paleo Pancakes:
Prep Time: 10 min, Total Time: 15 min
½ cup of cassava flour
½ cup of almond flour
1 ½ tbsp of acai powder
1 tsp of baking powder
¼ tsp of pink sea salt
½ cup of unsweetened almond milk
½ a banana (overripe is best, and option to use a full banana)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
½ cup of fresh blueberries
1 ½ tbsp of liquid coconut oil + spray to keep from sticking
1) Combine almond flour, cassava flour, baking powder, pink sea salt and acai powder powder in a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined.
2) In a blender, combine almond milk, eggs, vanilla and banana.
3) Pour wet mixture into dry and mix well until all is combined.
4) Heat a skillet (I used this cast iron) over medium high heat and add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
5) Once coconut oil begins to smoke a little, reduce heat to medium and use a ladle to add a dollop of batter to the pan, spreading it out gently to create about 3 pancakes.
6) Add blueberries on top of each pancake (I like using 4 each!), before you flip them.
7) Cook pancakes for a couple minutes on each side, check the underside of the pancake and make sure it’s golden before flipping. They cook super quick! So keep your eyes on these babes.
8) Serve with toppings of your choice! I love adding toasted coconut and monk fruit maple syrup!