1 bunch of kale, roughly chopped
1/2 a red onion, chopped
1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 orange bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped (Optional, but I’m so into it these days)
1 avocado, cut into cubes
1 cup of garbanzo beans, rinsed and roasted (See below)
Optional: Siete Family tortilla chips to crumble on top
1 tbsp of olive oil
Cumin, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Pink Salt & Pepper (Seasoning to taste. Be Generous!)
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp of dijon mustard
1 tbsp of manuka honey
1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp of chili powder
1/4 tsp of ground cumin
dash of cayenne pepper (for that extra kick!)
1 generous pinch of pink sea salt & pepper
1) Pre-heat the oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for the chickpeas.
2) Rinse and dry the chickpeas (make sure they’re not wet!) Lay them onto the parchment paper and drizzle olive oil to coat them. Season with generous amounts of cumin, paprika, garlic powder and s+p. Bake for 20-30 min depending on how hot your oven is.
3) While your chickpeas are roasting, in a large salad bowl, combine all the vegetables and set aside.
4) In a smaller bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until combined. Or use my mama’s mason jar trick, throw it all in and shake it all up!
5) Let chickpeas rest & cool for about 5 minutes, then add to the salad.
6) Pour dressing over salad and toss. Serve immediately and…