Here is what goes into the Berry Babe Chia Seed Jam:
Prep Time: 20 min, Total Time: 1-2 hours
3 cups of mixed berries (I used organic strawberries & raspberries)
1 tbsp of Lakanto Maple Syrup (if you just have regular Maple Syrup, that is fine too!)
1 tbsp of fresh squeezed orange juice (lemon juice works well too)
2 tbsp of chia seeds
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1) In a medium saucepan, combine the berries, 1 tbsp of maple syrup and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Stir frequently and make sure it doesn’t overflow! About 5 minutes here.
2) Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5 minutes. Carefully mash up the berries with a fork to preference. I like my jam with texture, so I left some pieces whole!
3) Stir in the chia seeds until thoroughly combined and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens (about 15 minutes).
4) Once the jam is thick, remove the pan from heat and stir in the vanilla. If you want it a bit sweeter, add more maple syrup.
5) Keep the jam in an airtight container or mason jar and can last in the fridge for 1-2 weeks! It will thicken more as it sits and cools.