Here is what goes into the Salted Carmel Protein Balls:
1 cup of cashews
½ cup of raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp of tahini
12 pitted organic medjool dates
¼ cup of coconut flour
1 tbsp of cacao powder
1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen (or protein powder of preference)
¼ tsp of pink sea salt
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla extract
extra shredded unsweetened coconut and sesame seeds for rolling
1) Add cashews, pumpkin seeds and dates to a food processor. Pulse until fine.
2) Then add the tahini and vanilla. Mix until combined.
3) Then add the coconut flour, protein powder, cacao, sea salt, and cinnamon to a food processor. Pulse for 3-4 minutes until mixture forms.
4) Use a tablespoon (I use an ice cream scooper) and roll into balls. Once rolled, coat in sesame seeds and shredded unsweetened coconut.
5) Place in the freezer for about an hour to set into shape. Store in fridge or freezer depending on desired texture.
NOTES: If the mixture is too dry to roll, add in one tablespoon of coconut oil and blend once more.