1 small-medium spaghetti squash
1 organic roasted chicken, white meat shredded
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 sweet onion, minced
1 tsp of granulated garlic
pink sea salt & pepper to taste
2 cups of sliced leeks
FOR THE PESTO
¼ cup of olive oil
2 cups of packed fresh basil
¼ cup of nutritional yeast
1 cup of cashews, roasted
½ of a lemon juiced
¼ tsp of sea salt
OPTIONAL FOR TOPPING: KNOWfoods Bread Crumbs, nutritional yeast and microgreens!
.1) Preheat the oven to 425 and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Slice the spaghetti squash in halve (vertically) and clean out the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, granulated garlic, pink sea salt & pepper. Turn over so the insides are face down.
3) Slice the leaks and lay them on the same pan (surrounding the spaghetti squash). Spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with pink sea salt & pepper.
4) While squash and leeks are roasting (set a timer for about 20 minutes), heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the rest of the olive oil. Add in the onion & garlic and sauté until golden brown (do not burn the garlic!) Add in the shredded chicken and lightly toss to coat together.
5) While the chicken is heating (you can turn heat to low), add all the ingredients for the pesto into a food processor. Combine and adjust seasonings to preference.
6) Once the pesto is done, take about two tablespoons and add it to the chicken. Coat until evenly combined and set aside.
7) Once the squash is done, take it out and use a fork to shred it into spaghetti. Add it into the pan with the pesto chicken and toss to combine. Once it is mixed, add in the leeks and repeat.
8) Serve immediately and garnish with micro greens!