Here is what goes into the Sprouted Seedy Slaw:
Prep Time: 15 min, Total Time: 20 min
FOR THE SLAW:
1 ½ cups of finely shredded purple cabbage
1 ½ cups of shredded carrots
(I love buying the organic shredded colorful carrots to add another pop of color to the dish!)
1 red pepper sliced thin in small strips
1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh parsley
3/4 cup of mixed raw seeds
(I personally use sprouted unsalted pumpkin seeds and sprouted unsalted sunflower seeds)
2 tbsp of each: sesame seeds, black sesame seeds & poppy seeds
(I always end up adding more sesame seeds because I LOVE them)
1 small handful of Microgreens for garnish
FOR THE DRESSING:
Half of a lemon juiced2 tbsp of dijon mustard (I love Annie’s Organics)
1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 generous pinch of pink sea salt & pepper
1) Combine all the ingredients for the slaw into a big mixing bowl, except the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and poppy seeds.
2) Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and add the pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Toast them until they are slightly brown or until you can start to smell them.
3) While the seeds are toasting, combine all the ingredients for the dressing into a mason jar or bowl. Shake/whisk together until thoroughly combined. Adjust seasoning to preference
4) Once seeds are done, carefully add them to the slaw mixture, pour the dressing on top and mix until coated.
5) Add the sesame seeds, poppy seeds and parsley. Mix again.
6) Garnish with microgreens to finish.